Change your legal name

Your “Married” Name vs. “Legal Name”

Your name does not automatically change when you get married. You must go through the legals process of changing your name. Getting a new social security card paves the way for the other name changes, such as your driver’s license and passport. Your social security number (SSN) will stay the same after changing your name. You can fill out the Application for a Social Security Card (Form SS-5) and bring it to a local office along with unexpired identification and proof of name change, such as a marriage document.

When getting a document notarized you need to show identification that matches the name exactly as it appears in the document. If you like for the notary to come to you, schedule an appointment with Antonio Mobile Notary Services and we will start the process.